- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This lovely lakeside mid-terraced cottage is nestled in a peaceful courtyard on the shores of Lough MacNean, close to the village of Blacklion in County Cavan. Inside you’ll be delighted by the splendid contemporary interior, thoughtfully furnished to ensure that both families and groups of friends can experience a break away from the hustle and bustle of modern life within the County Cavan countryside, the Emerald Isle’s best kept secret. Step inside this pretty cottage and you’ll find a well-equipped and modern fitted kitchen, complete with a breakfast area ideal for a morning coffee whilst planning the day’s adventures. The expansive sitting room is a really lovely space, equipped with a dining area and a warming woodburning stove, perfect for enjoying a meal with your loved ones and then curling up on the sofa with a glass of wine. After dinner head upstairs and you’ll find three bright and airy bedrooms, tastefully furnished to provide guests with both comfort and convenience. Upon venturing outside it’s easy to fall in love with the peace and tranquillity of the stunning Lough MacNean on your doorstep; close your eyes and soak up the sunshine whilst listening to the sound of the stream trickling by. If you fancy a drive out, there really is something for everyone in this lovely region. Why not visit the bustling village of Blacklion? Here you can dine in style at the MacNean House & Restaurant, made famous by Neven Maquire, one of Ireland’s best chefs. There’s also plenty to keep the children occupied with a local playground nearby and if you enjoy golfing, practice your swing at the nine hole Blacklion Golf Club. For those looking for a truly unique day out, the UNESCO Marble Arch Global Geopark Caves are well worth a visit. If you love the outdoors, you could not ask for a more glorious place in which to walk or cycle as the routes around the lakes and Cuilcagh Mountains really are breathtakingly beautiful. So if you’re looking to relax, recharge and rejuvenate in beautiful County Cavan, this lovely cottage will provide the perfect base from which to enjoy a truly memorable Irish adventure.
- Kitchen with breakfast area (seats 2)
- Sitting room with dining area & woodburning stove
- Basin & WC
- One super king-size double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin & WC
- One double bedroom
- One twin bedroom (zip/link can be super king-size double on request).
- Shower room with shower, basin & WC.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven & gas hob
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- TV with Saorview
- Bluetooth wireless speakers
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Fuel & power included Apr – Oct inclusive, €30 supplement payable directly to owner Nov – Mar inclusive
- Bed linen & towels included
- No pets & no smoking
- Off road parking for 1 car to front of cottage with ample additional off road parking on-site.
- Lawned garden with furniture.
- Shop & pub 1.7 miles
- Lough MacNean is within walking distance & there's a stream that runs nearby, children must be supervised
About the location
BLACKLION, COUNTY CAVAN
Enniskillen 12 miles; Manorhamilton 13.5 miles; Ballyconnell 23 miles; Sligo 29 miles.
- Sligo Airport - 35 miles; 56 mins
- Belfast ferry - 98 miles; 1 hr 56 mins
- Nearest shop, 1.7 miles
- Nearest pub, 1.7 miles
- Nearest town; Enniskillen, 12.3 miles
On the doorstep:
- Lough MacNean - a large and beautiful freshwater lake with several access points for superb bank fishing
- Blacklion Golf Club - a lovely 9 hole parkland course, with lakes, woodland and trees
- Enniskillen Castle Museums - A 16th century monument transformed into a visitor attractions with interesting galleries
- Marble Arch Caves Global Geopark - Wonderful limestone caves made into an excellent subterranean day out