- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Games Room
Situated just outside of the village of Ballinamuck in County Longford, is this comfortable detached farmhouse, perfect for your family getaway. This homely cottage has been tastefully renovated from a single storey property to provide quality accommodation, whilst maintaining the original features giving a cosy traditional feel. The ground floor of this property has a welcoming open plan living area, the sitting area featuring a woodburning stove, perfect for warming toes after a day exploring and the well-equipped kitchen is ideal for preparing sumptuous meals for the family to enjoy. In the evening, the kids can challenge each other to a game of table football in the ‘chill out’ room while the grown-ups enjoy a tipple while planning the next day’s adventures. Upstairs, completing the accommodation are four double bedrooms, two of which feature en-suite shower rooms for that extra touch of comfort. Outside, to the front of the property is a large lawned garden, and to the side is a patio area, perfect for dining alfresco. Guests can even collect fresh eggs from the owner’s hen house each morning. The village of Ballinamuck is steeped in local history, with the Heritage Centre housing information about the Battle of Ballinamuck in 1798 and the village is also home to a shop, pub and a Post Office. The surrounding area is a haven for walkers, with miles of green hills and with lakes and boglands to explore, this cottage is the ideal place to escape from day-to-day life. Keen fishermen can take advantage of the well-stocked Lake Gowna which is nearby. You’ll never run out of things to do in this wonderful region, as well as the miles of walking and cycling, the area also offers golf, go-karting and even zorbing! This wonderful cottage is the perfect choice for your Irish holiday, with something to do for all the family.
- Open plan living area with…
- Dining area (seats 4)
- Sitting area (seats 5) with woodburning stove
- Games room with table football
- Four double bedrooms (two with en-suite shower, basin & WC)
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven
- Gas hob
- TV with Saorview & DVD
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Fuel, power & starter pack for stove included in rent
- Bed linen & towels included in rent
- Three well-behaved pets welcome
- No smoking
- Ample off road parking
- Front lawned garden, patio to side with furniture
- Shop & pub 2.5 miles
- Working livestock farm to rear of property occasionally accessed by owner via a separate entrance. Children must be supervised.
- WiFi is dial up, not broadband, first €20 usage included.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
BALLINAMUCK, COUNTY LONGFORD
Aughnacliffe 6 miles; Newtownforbes 9.5 miles; Longford 12 miles; Cavan 16 miles; Carrick-on-Shannon 25.5 miles.
- Sligo Airport - 61 miles; 1 hr 30 mins
- Belfast ferry - 115 miles; 2 hrs 44 mins
- Nearest shop, Ballinamuck, 2.5 miles
- Nearest pub, Ballinamuck, 2.5 miles
- Nearest village; Ballinamuck, 2.5 miles
On the doorstep:
- Fishing - There are many lakes, rivers & streams around Ballyconnell
- Lough Derg - Large lake on the River Shannon
- County Sligo - Home of William Butler Yeats
- Bundoran - This coastal town is home to the Bundoran Adventure Park and Waterworld.