- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Located close to the village of Castlemaine, this charming, detached cottage sits in an elevated position, boasting stunning views across the bay towards the Iveragh Peninsula. Situated just off the Wild Atlantic Way, this welcoming Castlemaine cottage has been thoughtfully furnished to offer friends and families delightful holiday accommodation whilst they explore this outstanding region of Ireland. Large parties will find flexible sleeping arrangements, and one of the five comfortable bedrooms benefits from an en-suite shower room. The open plan living area offers a kitchen, a sociable dining area and a cosy sitting area, plus there is also a separate sitting room with a sofa bed, providing an additional space to enjoy time together, or get lost in a good book. Settle outside this charming Castlemaine cottage and savour an alfresco meal, perfectly accompanied by the sweeping views that extend for miles across the surrounding, spectacular greenery. The well-kept front and rear lawned gardens are fully enclosed, providing a safe setting for the children and dog to play. Castlemaine, known as the gateway to the Dingle Peninsular, sits on the splendid Skellig Ring, between the popular towns of Tralee and Killorglin. This friendly village rests amongst glorious countryside, within easy reach of Kerry's beautiful beaches and vast mountain ranges, making it perfect for those seeking outdoor adventure, whether you choose watersports, cycling, walking or pony trekking. Why not take spend the afternoon in nearby Tralee, with its fantastic range of shops, pubs and restaurants, or Aqua Dome, which children of all ages will love? Journey along the spectacular Skellig Ring to uncover ancient Christian ruins and vivid scenery, try your hand at golf on one of the many fantastic courses, or spend an idle afternoon together on a nearby, secluded beach. Whatever you decide, this serene cottage in Castlemaine will offer the perfect respite for your daily Kerry adventure.
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area (seats 6) & sitting area (seats 5)
- Sitting room (seats 5) with single sofa bed
- Wet room with wheelchair accessible shower, basin & WC
- One king-size double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin & WC
- Two double bedrooms
- Two single bedrooms
- Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin & W
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven & hob
- TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Fuel included
- Power charged by meter reading Nov- March.
- Power included April- Oct.
- Bed linen & towels included
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- No smoking
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed lawned garden to front & rear with rear patio & furniture
- Shop & pub 2.5 miles
- This cottage is surrounded by farmland, so dogs must be on a lead, & care must be taken when outside.
- The owner can arrange for one double bed to be moved to the additional sitting room on request, to create a ground floor sleeping area for guests with limited mobility.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
CASTLEMAINE, COUNTY KERRY
Booltens 2 miles; Tralee 10 miles; Inch 11 miles; Killarney National Park 13 miles.
- Kerry Airport - 11 miles; 20 mins
- Cork ferry - 82 miles; 2hrs 15 mins
- Nearest shop; 2.5 miles
- Nearest pub; 2.5 miles
- Nearest town; Tralee, 10 miles
On the doorstep:
- Tralee - This lively town boasts museums, shops and restaurants, plus a number of walking & cycling opportunities
- Ring of Kerry - This wonderful part of Ireland offers fishing, golf, beaches, walking, pubs & restaurants
- Dingle Peninsula - Home to the Slieve Mish mountain range, along with many glorious beaches.
- Killarney National Park - Spend restful hours among the waterfalls, lakes and mountains
- Waterville Golf Course - Delightful golf course set close to Sheehan Cottage