- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Courtmacsherry 3 miles. For a real away-from-it-all experience, look no further than Lighthouse View. This detached cottage perches at the very tip of Quarry Point, a tiny peninsula of land jutting out into the ocean just a few miles from the quaint village of Courtmacsherry in County Cork. This coastal cottage offers fabulous views over ever-changing waters, towards Kinsale’s Old Head and lighthouse, and families will love exploring the near-deserted beach which is right on your doorstep. The coastal theme is retained throughout the interior of the cottage, which offers comfortable and welcoming accommodation. From the well-equipped kitchen to the sitting area with open fire, the sun room with woodburner to the three restful bedrooms, one tucked away on a mezzanine overlooking the sitting area, Lighthouse View is sure to please when it welcomes you home after a day out exploring the region. Perhaps you have explored Courtmacsherry and enjoyed some of the great angling on offer. Or maybe you took full advantage of the traditional pubs and gourmet cuisine of Kinsale and Clonakilty. A day spent on Blind Strand, just next to the cottage, is sure to be on the cards during your stay, while golf, sailing and watersports can also be enjoyed during your time at Lighthouse View. However you have spent your time here in West Cork, there can be no better spot to return to than this comfy retreat, to settle down in front of the woodburner in the sun room and watch the evening sun glinting off the ocean waves far off into the horizon.
- Open plan living area with...
- Dining area
- Sitting area (seats 5) with open fire
- Sliding doors to sun room (seats 4) with woodburner
- One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin & WC
- Wet room with walk-in shower, basin & WC
- One mezzanine level double, overlooking the sitting area
- One family room with double & single bed
- Oil central heating with open fire & woodburner
- Electric oven & hob
- Washing machine
- TV with Saorview, DVD
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Fuel, power & starter pack for stove/fire included
- Bed linen & towels included
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- No smoking
- Front patio with furniture
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shop & pub 3 miles
- Beach 2 mins walk
- At the end of the driveway is a steep drop, that leads directly into the sea, children to be supervised at all times.
- This property is suitable for children aged four years and over due to the spiral staircase to first floor and mezzanine level.
- Max. 6 people
Note: This property is suitable for children aged four years and over due to the spiral staircase to first floor and mezzanine level.
About the location
COURTMACSHERRY, COUNTY CORK
Seven Heads 4 miles; Kinsale 17 miles.
- Cork Airport; 31.4 miles, 54 mins
- Rosslare ferry; 155 miles, 3 hrs 28 mins
- Nearest shop; Courtmacsherry, 3 miles
- Nearest pub; Courtmacsherry, 3 miles
- Nearest town; Clonakilty, 10.6 miles
On the doorstep:
- Blind Strand – small sandy beach
- Courtmacsherry – small village with shops and pubs, a bay and beach
- Cork city – bustling city with many Georgian-style buildings, shops, pubs and eateries, as well as two cathedrals, an opera house and a covered market.
- Killarney National Park - Beautiful National Park with mountains, lakes and wonderful walking
- Youghal - a seaside resort with seafood eateries, three sandy beaches and regular festivals