- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
A delightful studio apartment, converted from a hay loft, set on the owner’s non-working farm in the heart of a peaceful forest and just a few miles from the village of Ballingeary in County Cork and close to the border of Kerry. This lovely apartment is close to the border of Kerry and is a romantic base from which to explore this fabulous part of the south west of Ireland. This welcoming accommodation is accessed via steps up to a stable door from where there is an open plan area consisting of kitchen, diner and studio living/bedroom with a large window from which the views of the surrounding woodlands is very relaxing. Outside, there is a small lawned garden with a pond to the front and just 3.5 miles from this comfortable studio apartment is the village of Ballingeary, set in the Shehy Mountains, a very popular fishing spot, as well as many walks in the area where you can admire the beautiful scenery. Further afield is Ireland’s oldest parkland, Killarney National Park, from where you will be able to pick up various boat trips to explore the area further, and between Ballingeary and Inchigeelagh is a ten kilometre chain of lakes known as Lough Allua – perfect for pike angling. Travel to the market town of Macroom and visit Macroom Castle which was the boyhood home of William Penn. Of course, your holiday wouldn’t be complete without a visit to kiss the Blarney Stone and visit Cork city on the way with its vast selection of pubs, restaurants and craft shops. Whatever you choose to do, this charming apartment is a fabulous base to explore this lovely part of Ireland.
- One twin bedroom with sitting area
- Shower room with shower, basin & WC
- Kitchen with dining area
- Electric heaters
- Gas oven & hob
- TV with Free-to-air channels
- Selection of books & games
- Fuel & power included
- Bed linen & towels included
- No pets & no smoking
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned garden with loungers on request & pond
- Shop & pub 3.5 miles
- Approx. 11 steps up to access property, and there's two steps up into the sitting area from the kitchen.
- Pond is unfenced
- Mobile reception can be limited
- Owner can provide food for your first breakfast on request
- No children under 12 including infants
- The neighboring property has guard dogs.
Note: No children under 12 including infants.
About the location
BALLINGEARY, COUNTY CORK
Macroom 17 miles; Bantry 18 miles.
- Cork Airport – 39.7 miles; 57 mins
- Cork ferry – 47.3 miles; 1 hr 6 mins
- Nearest shop; Ballingeary, 3.5 miles
- Nearest pub; Ballingeary, 3.5 miles
- Nearest town; Macroom, 14 miles
On the doorstep:
- Gougane Barra - National Park with an array of walks along the River Lee and nature trails
- Bantry House & Gardens - Impressive historic house overlooking Bantry Bay in West Cork
- Dingle Peninsula - Peninsula in County Kerry with lovely sandy beaches, great water sports and fantastic scenery
- Tralee - A lovely town in County Kerry and home to the Tralee Aqua Dome