- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Wexford Town 5 miles. Two lovely, detached Wexford cottages situated in a rural location, 3 miles from the village of Murrintown, and only 5 miles from Wexford Town, County Wexford. Alderlane Cottage, a former farmhouse, is the larger of these two Wexford cottages and dates back 200-300 years. With lots of delightful character features such as exposed stone walls and a tiled floor in the sitting room, as well as two woodburners and exposed brickwork and an unusual pine-clad roof in all of the bedrooms, it makes a great, traditional base for any Wexford cottage holiday. Alderlane Stables, the smaller of these Wexford cottages, is a fantastic, romantic hideaway with a cosy woodburner so you can curl up with your loved one in the evenings. Both of these Wexford cottages benefit from a rural location, so why not sit back, relax and unwind in peace on your Wexford cottage holiday? Head to Wexford Town and enjoy a day at the beach, a round of golf or maybe even a trip to Hook Lighthouse, easily accessible from these Wexford cottages.
Other properties in this group
This Wexford cottage is the larger of the two Wexford cottages on this site, 3 miles from the village of Murrintown, and only 5 miles from Wexford Town, County Wexford. A former farmhouse, this Wexford cottage dates back 200-300 years, and retains some traditional features such as the exposed stone wall and tiled floor in the sitting room, two woodburners and an unusual pine-clad roof in all of the bedrooms. For families seeking a rural Irish getaway, this Wexford cottage is an ideal base, and if booked with Alderlane Stables, it can accommodate up to 6 people. Take a stroll around the wonderful expanse of shared grounds surrounding this Wexford cottage, taking in the rural surroundings, take in the sunshine and indulge in a BBQ lunch, or on a chilly evening, curl up in front of the woodburner and play a game or two, enjoying one another's company. This Wexford cottage is great, all year round.
This property can be booked with ref 4411 to accommodate 6.
- Fitted kitchen
- Dining room (seats 4) with woodburner
- Sitting room (seats 4) with woodburner
- Shower room with shower, basin & WC
- Two king-size double bedrooms
- One twin bedroom (twin bedroom & 1 king-size double accessed through other king-size double)
- Oil central heating, electric heaters, woodburners in the dining & sitting rooms
- Electric oven, gas hob
- Shared use of washer/dryer
- TV with Freeview, DVD, video
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Electricity included
- Oil charged by meter reading
- Fuel for woodburners available to purchase locally
- Bed linen & towels included
- Cot, highchair & stairgate
- No pets
- No smoking
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Shared use of 45 acres of woodland & informal gardens with furniture & BBQ
- Shop & pub 2 miles
- This cottage accepts a maximum of 4 people.
- May not be suitable for the elderly or infirm due to open tread stairs.
- This property can be booked with ref 4411 to accommodate 6
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
Note: Max 4.
About the location
WEXFORD TOWN, COUNTY WEXFORD
Rosslare 12 miles; Kilmore Quay 14 miles; New Ross 24.5 miles; Duncannon 26 miles.
- Waterford Airport - 45.5 miles; 1 hr 13 mins
- Rosslare ferry - 10 miles; 19 mins
- Nearest shop; 2 miles
- Nearest pub; 2 miles
- Nearest town; Wexford Town, 5 miles
On the doorstep:
- Ballyhack Castle - A large tower house overlooking Waterford Estuary
- Dunbrody famine ship - Authentic replication of an 1849 famine ship
- Wexford Bay - With 20 miles of Blue Flag sandy beach
- Wicklow Way - 132km self-guided walking tour
- Wicklow Mountains National Park - National Park with bogs, mountains, flora and fauna