- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This lovely lakeside mid-terraced cottage is nestled in a peaceful courtyard on the shores of Lough MacNean, close to the village of Blacklion in County Cavan.
Inside you’ll be delighted by the splendid contemporary interior, thoughtfully furnished to ensure that both families and groups of friends can experience a break away from the hustle and bustle of modern life within the County Cavan countryside, the Emerald Isle’s best kept secret.
Step inside this pretty cottage and you’ll find a well-equipped and modern fitted kitchen, complete with a breakfast area ideal for a morning coffee whilst planning the day’s adventures.
The expansive sitting room is a really lovely space, equipped with a dining area and a warming woodburning stove, perfect for enjoying a meal with your loved ones and then curling up on the sofa with a glass of wine.
After dinner head upstairs and you’ll find three bright and airy bedrooms, tastefully furnished to provide guests with both comfort and convenience.
Upon venturing outside it’s easy to fall in love with the peace and tranquillity of the stunning Lough MacNean on your doorstep; close your eyes and soak up the sunshine whilst listening to the sound of the stream trickling by.
If you fancy a drive out, there really is something for everyone in this lovely region.
Why not visit the bustling village of Blacklion?
Here you can dine in style at the MacNean House & Restaurant, made famous by Neven Maquire, one of Ireland’s best chefs.
There’s also plenty to keep the children occupied with a local playground nearby and if you enjoy golfing, practice your swing at the nine hole Blacklion Golf Club.
For those looking for a truly unique day out, the UNESCO Marble Arch Global Geopark Caves are well worth a visit.
If you love the outdoors, you could not ask for a more glorious place in which to walk or cycle as the routes around the lakes and Cuilcagh Mountains really are breathtakingly beautiful.
So if you’re looking to relax, recharge and rejuvenate in beautiful County Cavan, this lovely cottage will provide the perfect base from which to enjoy a truly memorable Irish adventure.
- Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin (zip/link can be super king-size double on request)
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC
- Ground floor basin and WC
- Kitchen with breakfast area (seats 2)
- Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Saorview, Bluetooth wireless speakers, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent Apr – Oct inclusive, €30 supplement payable directly to owner Nov – Mar inclusive
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car to front of cottage with ample additional off road parking on-site
- Lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.7 miles
- Note: Lough MacNean is within walking distance and there's a stream that runs nearby, children must be supervised at all times.
About the location
BLACKLION, COUNTY CAVAN
Enniskillen 12 miles; Manorhamilton 13.5 miles; Ballyconnell 23 miles; Sligo 29 miles.
The border village of Blacklion in West County Cavan lies between the lakes of upper and lower Lough MacNean and across the bridge from the County Fermanagh village of Belcoo. Resting at the foot of the Cuilcagh Mountains, Blacklion is home to a selection of shops, pubs and restaurants with the most famous being MacNean House. MacNean House is the award-winning restaurant made famous by one of Ireland’s top chefs, Neven Maguire, and here in Blacklion he offers one of the finest dining experiences for visitors. Blacklion village is close to championship golf courses, walking and cycling routes, angling, clear lakes, spectacular scenery and much more making it the perfect destination for a mid-week getaway or a romantic break. Local attractions include the Marble Arch Caves, Cavan Burren Forest Park and the sandy beaches of County Sligo.
This property offers the following short breaks: