- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This ground floor, traditional Irish cottage is situated in the heart of Black Valley, on the owner’s farm beside their Bed and Breakfast in County Kerry.
With the Killarney National Park and Macgillycuddy’s Reeks right on your doorstep, Shamrock Cottage is the perfect base for walking and exploring the incredible natural beauty of this stunning region.
Inside are three comfortable bedrooms, one beside the kitchen with two single beds, and two double rooms with additional single beds for added flexibility.
There is also a large wet room at the back of the property with a walk-in shower.
The sitting room is a wonderful place to relax, discuss the day’s escapades or unwind with a bit of TV, whilst the kitchen is the most social room in the cottage.
With a dining table and 3-seater sofa set beside a woodburning stove, it’s a great place for everyone to gather while dinner is cooking.
Outside in the yard you can exchange hellos over the garden wall, with the owner’s friendly donkeys.
In the sunshine, bring your meals outdoors or enjoy a refreshing beverage as you marvel at the mountainous surrounding scenery.
Kate Kearneys Cottage; a delightful pub, restaurant and traditional music venue is just 5.5 miles from the Cottage.
Keen hikers will love tackling the challenge of Carrauntoohil, the highest peak in the Macgillycuddy’s range, whilst those who are less experienced can happily enjoy exploring the delights of the nearby National Park.
There is great fishing available in the Killarney Lakes and River Laune, or you can practice your swing at the Beaufort Golf Club.
The famous Ring of Kerry can also easily be joined in the town of Beaufort, allowing you to discover some of the county’s most beautiful attractions!
Slightly further afield, the town of Killarney is a lively hub of shops, pubs and places to taste delicious Irish cuisine.
15 miles away is the town of Kinmare, via Molls gap making this an excellent holiday home for exploring County Kerry!
- All ground floor
- Three bedrooms: 2 x family room with 1 double and 1 single, 1 x twin
- Wet room with shower, basin and WC
- Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area (seats 3) with woodburning stove
- Sitting room with electric fire.
- Electric storage heaters with electric fire and woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in utility, TV with Freeview, radio, WiFi
- Starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Paved yard with picnic bench
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 8 miles, pub/restaurant 5.5 miles
- Coffee shop 2 miles, Note: One Internal step between some rooms
- Note: Max six guests
- Note: Access road via Gap of Dunloe is very busy during peak season
- Note: The tap water for this property is unsuitable for drinking, some bottled water will initially be provided by owner but guests are asked to bring additional water for their stay.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
KILLARNEY, COUNTY KERRY
Tralee 18 miles.
The thriving town of Killarney nestles amidst deep, lake-filled valleys at the heart of the beautiful south west of Ireland. This popular holiday destination offers an abundance of traditional pubs, fine restaurants, Ireland's National Event Centre and a host of good shops. Popular visitor attractions include the celebrated Ladies View, named after Queen Victoria's Ladies in Waiting, and boasts spectacular views over the town, and the nearby Macgillycuddy Reeks, Ireland’s largest mountain range. Hire a horse-drawn jaunting car and explore the fabulous walks at the National Park, or indulge in a spot of tranquil fishing. A range of wonderful beaches are within half an hour’s drive, while the Ring of Kerry, the vibrant towns of Tralee and Kenmare and the stunning Dingle Peninsula are within easy touring distance. Something for everyone at this fantastic location.