- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An ideal romantic retreat with bags of character and a warm welcome guaranteed, this cosy cottage near Cahir is set next to the owners' home in the rural hamlet of Knockane, County Tipperary. The living accommodation in this Cahir cottage is airy and unusual, with a grand feature fireplace, high ceiling and steps up to the mezzanine bedroom area. Surrounded by imposing Irish mountains and countryside landscapes, this Cahir cottage makes a superb base for hikers, walkers or simply strollers looking to breathe in the fresh air and relish the peace and quiet of the Knockmealdown or Galty mountain ranges. Relax in the gravel garden with patio and BBQ at this Cahir cottage, with a good book or simply good conversation, or in cooler times, curl up in front of the crackling multi-fuel stove in the sitting area. A car is essential for travelling around the area, so why not visit Cahir Castle, Lismore Castle or the Rock of Cashel? Whatever you wish from your holiday, this romantic Cahir cottage makes a wonderful Tipperary base.
- Open plan living area with...
- Fitted kitchen
- Dining area
- Sitting area with multi-fuel stove
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC
- Mezzanine double bedroom
- Electric central heating, multi-fuel stove in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob
- Washing machine
- TV with Freeview
- Electricity charged by meter reading
- Starter pack of fuel for stove included
- Bed linen & towels included
- Cot on request
- No pets
- Smoking not permitted
- Off road parking for two cars
- Side gravel garden with patio and BBQ.
- Shop & pub 2.5 miles
About the location
CAHIR, COUNTY TIPPERARY
Clonmel 11 miles; Tipperary 14 miles.
- Shannon Airport - 60.6 miles; 1hr 28 mins
- Dun Laoghaire ferry - 125 miles, 2hrs 5 mins
- Nearest shop; 2.5 miles
- Nearest pub; 2.5 miles
- Nearest town; Cahir, 6 miles
On the doorstep:
- Portumna Castle and Gardens - Spend time visiting this semi-fortified house
- Lough Derg - Try your hand at sailing and fishing.
- Cahir Castle - Dating back from the 13th century, one of Ireland's best-preserved castles
- Castles - There are a number of castles in the area, all of which are worth visiting
- Portumna Forest Park - Great forest walks and great routes for cycling and mountain biking