- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
This wonderful stone-built, detached cottage is situated at the southern tip of Lough Meela, 2.3 miles from the town of Dungloe, County Donegal. This superb cottage near Dungloe offers a great base for families and friends with plenty to see and do in this delightful part of Ireland. An excellent Dungloe cottage, you will find plenty of space to relax and enjoy at this holiday home. There are three large bedrooms at your Donegal cottage, one of which is on the ground floor and one boasts an en-suite shower room. The open plan living area provides a place to unwind after a busy time exploring and on a sunny day open the French doors and let a cool breeze in. Alternatively, venture outside and enjoy an alfresco dinner, whilst admiring the lovely views of Lough Meela. You can also enjoy fishing on the Lough, plus walks can be enjoyed in the area, and for golf enthusiasts there is a 9 hole course on Cruit Island. Within driving distance is Dungloe town with its shops and pubs, plus take a boat trip to Arranmore and Rutland Island. Further afield is the magnificent Glenveagh National Park, so take a book and spend a day enjoying the sights and sounds that come as standard within this part of Ireland. There is something for everyone from this Dungloe cottage.
- Split-level open plan living area with...
- Dining area (seats 6)
- Sitting area (seats 5)
- One family bedroom with 1 double & 1 single
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin & WC
- One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin, WC and walk-in wardrobe
- One double bedroom
- Oil underfloor heating
- Electric oven, gas hob
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- TV with Sky, DVD
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Fuel & power included
- Bed linen & towels included
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- No smoking
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Gravelled areas with furniture
- Shop & pub in Dungloe 2.3 miles
- Property is beside a main road and does not have a gate, children and pets to be supervised
- Sitting area accessed by 6 steps up from kitchen
- A fishing permit is required to fish on Lough Meela. Contact the owner for more information.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
DUNGLOE, COUNTY DONEGAL
Arranmore Island 7.5 miles; Letterkenny 32 miles.
- Donegal Airport – 10 miles; 20 mins
- Larne ferry – 128 miles; 3 hrs
- Nearest shop; Dungloe, 2.3 miles
- Nearest pub; Dungloe, 2.3 miles
- Nearest town; Dungloe, 2.3 miles
On the doorstep:
- Mary From Dungloe Festival - Famous festival, based in Dungloe
- Fishing - There is great fishing in the area on over 130 lakes and rivers
- Arranmore Island - See the cliffs and famous lighthouse
- Burtonport - Small fishing village with a shop and seafood restaurant.
- Glenveagh - Exotic gardens in County Donegal
- Letterkenny - This is Donegal's largest town offering pubs, restaurants, a cathedral, a museum and festivals.
- Glenveagh National Park - A great day out to one of Ireland's National Parks