- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This delightful, stone-built cottage is situated in the townland of Cashel, just 4.5 miles from Carna, in beautiful County Galway.
Dating back over 100 years, this traditional Galway cottage has been lovingly renovated throughout to provide comfortable, homely holiday cottage accommodation in Galway, perfect for families and friends.
The front garden enjoys sea views, so sit back, relax and unwind with a beautiful backdrop as you end each day, or, make the most of the stunning sunrises with a steaming cup of coffee in the morning.
The cosy open fire in the sitting room of this Galway cottage is perfect for curling up with a good book, or just for toasting your toes after a long day walking or traversing the trails in the Connemara National Park.
With lots to do from this Galway cottage, both close, within walking distance and far away, ideal for a day trip, you'll be spoilt for choice every day.
Note: This property is 20 yards from Ref. 928470, together they sleep 11.
- Four bedrooms: 2 x ground floor double, 1 x twin, 1 x small single
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC
- Additional basin and WC
- Kitchen with dining area (seats 6)
- Sitting room (seats 5) with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, chest freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV, DVD, CD/radio, DVDs/books/games
- Electricity and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Fuel inc. in rent April to Sept, €25 supplement payable directly to owner Oct to March
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and stairgate
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned rear garden area, front lawn with picnic table and sea views
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles
- Pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Some low ceilings
- Note: Cottage is just off the R340.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
CARNA, COUNTY GALWAY
Clifden 23 miles; Galway 49 miles.
The small, quiet village of Carna in the heart of the Irish-speaking area of Connemara Gaeltacht, is set on the shores of Galway Bay, overlooking Galway Harbour, in the scenic region of Connemara. Carna is noted for its traditional Irish music and singing, and music sessions are held weekly in the local pubs and hotel. For walkers, runners, cyclists and hillwalkers, the area provides opportunities unrivalled for their tranquillity and scenery. The quiet roads leading to Mweenish Island and the local coves are ideal for family cycling. Lying off the coast of Carna is St. MacDara's Island, a site of pilgrimage and mass held on 16th July each year. The famous sailing crafts, the 'Galway Hookers' were made in Carna, as well as a small boat called the Currach, and the area is well known for the skilled boat-makers who crafted them. There are still some working examples of the 'Galway Hooker' moored at Mweenish Island and Cashel Bay and 'hooker' regattas are held throughout July and August. It is also possible to book a day trip on a local 'hooker'. There is great fishing in the area with many working piers providing an ideal place for lobster, crab and mackerel fishing, while Connemara National Park, home to the famous Connemara Pony and Kylemore Abbey are both within easy reach, providing great days out for all the family.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute