- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
See out the picturesque village of Cong in Co.
Mayo and nestling close to Ashford Castle there, you'll find Luskins.
With spacious modern interiors, this cottage has been lovingly decorated and furnished to provide quality and comfort during your stay.
With 4 large bedrooms, and a bright airy kitchen/dining/living area, this is an ideal base for groups and families.
A further sunroom/reading room to the rear provides the ideal haunt to read a book, relax with a glass of wine and plan the next days endeavours.
Take a short stroll from the cottage to the centre of Cong Village.
The River Cong meanders slowly through the village on its way to beautiful Lough Mask.
Renowned as the setting for the film, 'The Quiet Man', this pretty village will embrace you and leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed.
Relax in the many coffee shops and cafes along its charming streets.
Visit the world renowned Ashford Castle next door to Luskins and revel in its grandeur.
Cong sits between the mighty lakes of Lough Mask and Lough Corrib, a gateway to Connemara and both of these Loughs offer fishing opportunities.
Travel to Maam and on to Leenane through the majestic Maamturk mountains.
Here you will arrive at Killery Harbour where the wild Atlantic cuts a deep fiord into the mountains.
Visit picturesque Ashleagh Falls at Leenane.
Take a day trip to Maam Cross and on through the wilds of Connemara to the bustling town of Clifden, an oasis in the west.
Visit Galway City, brimming with many attractions and amenities.
Return to Luskins in the evening, kick off the shoes and recount the days adventures.
Its the perfect base to explore this most wonderful location.
- All ground floor
- Four bedrooms, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single, 3 x king-size double (one with en-suite bath, separate shower, WC and basin)
- Bathroom with bath separate shower, WC and basin
- Open plan living area with kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area, and sitting area
- Sun room with dining area and seating area.
- Oil fired central heating with additional heating from oil fired stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Sky, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels included in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lawned garden to front and rear
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Pub, shop and restaurant 3 mins walk
- NOTE: The front garden is not enclosed and opens out to main road so children should be supervised.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
CONG, COUNTY MAYO
Galway 24 miles; Castlebar 24 miles.
The picturesque village of Cong, known as the gateway to Connemara, lies between the shores of Lough Corrib and Lough Mask, in beautiful County Mayo. Renowned as the setting for the film, ‘The Quiet Man’, special tours and an abundance of memorabilia are available to commemorate the film. The Market Cross celebrates two former abbots of the Cong Monastery, whilst the remains of the majestic Cong Abbey, founded in the 12th century by Turlogh O'Connor, King of Connaught and the High King of Ireland, are worth a visit. Nearby Ashford Castle, described as the most dramatic castle in Ireland, offers visitors a choice of fine dining opportunities amid pristine period décor, together with a superb, 18 hole golf course. Affectionately known as the “City of Festivals”, the small city of Galway, with its pretty alleyways and colourful nightlife is within easy touring distance. A wonderful base for an all year round holiday.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute