- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Maam 2 miles. This detached cottage sits in a lovely position next to a working farm, overlooking beautiful Lough Corrib, two miles from the peaceful hamlet of Maam, County Galway. A traditional, homely base, this cosy cottage near Maam provides accommodations set entirely across the ground floor, ideal for families and groups of friends looking to explore this glorious area of Galway. With four bedrooms, a family bathroom and a sociable kitchen with dining area boasting wonderful views across Lough Corrib, guests at this Maam cottage are sure to enjoy a comfortable stay. The sitting room at this cottage near Maam is complemented by a warming open fire, the perfect addition to a cool evening after a walk beside the lough or exploring further into the surrounding rural landscapes. Far-reaching views across the water and the refreshing morning sunrise will be appreciated from the bench in the front lawned garden, the perfect companions for your morning coffee to inspire your holiday planning. The small, quiet hamlet of Maam offers a welcoming pub and a well-stocked shop for your everyday essentials, both just two miles from your cottage in Galway. Outdoor enthusiasts will love this wonderful area, with an abundance of walking and cycling routes, along with great watersports adventures to be found; take a fishing trip out onto the lough, or a boat voyage through Killary Harbour, where the stunning scenery is sure to remain long in the memory. The popular town of Clifden and the town of Oughterard can be reached within an easy drive of this Maam cottage, both providing a good selection of pubs, shops and restaurants, all delivering a warm welcome from the west of Ireland. The majestic Ashford Castle in Cong can be reached with half an hours' drive, boasting an interesting, historic build, well-kept gardens and extended grounds with far-reaching views. The city of Galway can be reached within an hours' drive, where there are many superb restaurants and lovely inns to sample, set along the traditional, winding, cobbled streets. Whatever your plans, this Maam cottage, settled in a wonderful position, is great for any group looking to explore Galway.
- Two double bedrooms
- Two twin bedrooms
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin & WC
- Separate basin & WC
- Kitchen with dining area (seats 6)
- Sitting room (seats 6) with open fire
- Oil central heating
- Open fire
- Electric oven
- Gas hob
- Washing machine
- TV with Saorview, DVD
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Cot & highchair on request
- Fuel & power included
- Starter pack for fire included
- Bed linen & towels included
- No pets
- Front lawned garden with benches
- 12' x 6' shed for storage
- Shop & pub 2 miles
- The cottage's driveway does not have a gate, & leads onto main road, so children must be supervised at all times.
- There is one step up into the property.
Please note this property will not accept work groups.
About the location
MAAM, COUNTY GALWAY
Clifden 26 miles; Galway City 32 miles.
- Knock Airport - 50 miles; 1hr 20 mins
- Dun Laoghaire ferry - 170 miles; 3 hrs
- Nearest shop; Maam, 2 miles
- Nearest pub; Maam, 2 miles
- Nearest town; Clifden, 27 miles
On the doorstep:
- Cong - Explore this lovely village, made famous as the setting for the John Wayne film - 'The Quiet Man'
- Lough Corrib, and also nearby Lough Mask - Huge limestone lakes, fantastic trout fishing and sailing available
- Beaches - There are a number of beautiful, sandy beaches in the area for all the family to enjoy
- Galway City - For culture vultures, this is the place to be with its lively atmosphere and nautical backdrop