- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Set under a thatched roof and with views towards the sea in the distance, this detached cottage is two miles from Spiddal, a coastal village with two beaches on the Galway coastline. This charming cottage near Spiddal has an open plan living area, with a kitchen, dining area and sitting area with multi-fuel stove. This airy space is set under a vaulted ceiling, with the mezzanine double bedroom tucked under the eaves. Exposed beams and thick walls add to the traditional charm of this Spiddal cottage, which is ideal for a couple or small family to enjoy a restful break in the wonderful Irish countryside. This Spiddal cottage has a garden with furniture, so relax with a drink or snack to watch the sun go down and even spot the twinkling lights of County Clare begin to appear in the dusk. Spiddal, an easy drive from this Spiddal cottage, is a peaceful village with restaurants and pubs providing traditional Irish tunes. The two beaches offers views over Galway Bay, wonderful for a morning walk or afternoon paddle. The city of Galway is also easily reached, with cobbled streets bursting with shops, pubs and restaurants, a heady mix of modern culture and fascinating history. This thatched Spiddal cottage offers the best of coast and country, village and city living.
- Open plan living area with...
- Dining area
- Sitting area with sofa bed & multi-fuel stove
- One single bedroom leading to...
- Shower room with shower, basin & WC
- One mezzanine double
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove
- Gas oven & hob
- Washing machine
- TV with Saorview, DVD CD player
- Selection of books/games
- Fuel, power & starter pack for stove included
- Bed linen & towels included
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- No smoking
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front lawned garden with furniture
- Shop, pubs & beach 2 miles.
- Pets must be kept on a lead at all times when outside the property
- Stairs may not be suitable for the infirm or young children.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
SPIDDAL, COUNTY GALWAY
Furbogh 4 miles; Galway City 12 miles; Oranmore 16 miles.
- Galway Airport - 15.4 miles; 33 mins
- Dun Laoghaire ferry - 148 miles; 2 hrs 32 mins
- Nearest shop; Spiddal, 2 miles
- Nearest pub; Spiddal, 2 miles
- Nearest town; Galway, 12 miles
On the doorstep:
- The Aran Islands - A cluster of small islands off the coast of County Galway, great for exploring
- Galway City - Lively city with great restaurants and bars
- Lough Corrib - Large lake with great fishing and boating opportunities
- Ashford Castle - Medieval castle on the shores of Lough Corrib
- Connemara National Park - Home to the famous Connemara Pony
- Burren National Park - National Park where animals and plant life are abundant