- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Chapeltown 0.5 miles.
A lovely, traditional detached cottage situated on Valentia Island, off the Iveragh Peninsula, County Kerry.
Centrally located for all of the attractions of the island, and within easy access of the mainland, this Valentia Island cottage is perfect for a family getaway, or romantic break, and situated in a peaceful, coastal location, you can just sit back and enjoy the sea and countryside views.
While boasting many modern amenities, this Valentia Island cottage still retains many traditional features, such as the feature stone archway from the kitchen to sitting area, and the cosy open fire, making it a real treat.
Located tantalisingly close to the coast, Birds Cottage offers beautiful sea views, and the lawned garden is the ideal place to relax, dine alfresco and make the most of them.
Spend the day at the beach, only a short drive away, enjoy a taste of thesea angling on offer, or visit the mainland and discover the delights of Kerry, before returning to this Valentia Island cottage for a cosy night in.
A great cottage, all year round.
Note: This Valentia Island cottage is next to Ref 1015269 and together they accommodate 15.
- All ground floor
- Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite (shower, basin and WC), 2 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower cubicle, basin and WC
- Open plan living area with fitted kitchen and dining area, arch through to sitting area with open fire, French doors and views out to sea.
- Full oil central heating, open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, WiFi, radio
- Turf for open fire inc. in rent, oil & electricity charged via meter reading at end of stay
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot available on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lawned garden to rear with patio & garden furniture
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Shop & pub 2 miles
- Note: This property has a private water supply.
About the location
CHAPELTOWN, COUNTY KERRY
Knightstown 2 miles; Cahersiveen 12 miles.
Chapeltown is a quiet village on Valentia Island, which lies off the coast of the Iveragh Peninsula in County Kerry and is accessible from the mainland by ferry from Reenard Point, or via the road bridge at Portmagee. The main village of Knightstown provides restaurants, Irish pubs, entertainment and local shops and is also the departure point for a variety of sightseeing boat trips and fishing trips. The island is famed for its magnificent 'Fogher' sea cliffs, which rise majestically from the Atlantic Ocean on the northern side of the island, and the subtropical gardens at Glanleam House, which are a unique delight for visitors of all ages. The northern side of the island also offers the chance to see tetrapod footprints dating back 350 million years! A must-see is the Skelligs Experience Centre where the whole family can enjoy the history of the Skelligs Rocks, the bird life, and the under-sea life. Valentia Island offers unspoilt beaches, cycling, angling, diving and boat trips. With plenty to do for all the family it's a perfect base to explore the Ring of Kerry!