- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Other properties in this group
This is a wonderful, thatched, semi-detached cottage, set next to another holiday home, located on a peaceful lane, one mile from the town of Carndonagh in County Donegal. This wonderfully presented cottage is the perfect romantic base for couples looking for a tranquil haven for their Irish break. Spacious, and lovingly renovated to provide guests with traditional touches, as well as contemporary features, this cottage near Carndonagh has been furnished to a high standard and will not fail to impress. Unwind after a busy day exploring this charming area in front of the warming multi-fuel stove in the beautiful sitting room, or why not relax in the roll-top bath and imagine of all the adventures still to come on your well-deserved getaway? This cottage near Carndonagh is just a mile from all of the town’s amenities, including a choice of restaurants, bars and shops to enjoy. A short drive will bring you to Malin Head, with its stunning golden sands. This is the most northerly location in Ireland and is perfect for evening strolls, watching the picturesque views of the sun setting. For those who want to enjoy walks and birdwatching, the Inishowen Peninsula is well known for its far-reaching and breathtaking views of sweeping hills and natural habitat; the perfect spot for nature lovers! Festivals and events are aplenty across the peninsula, from those celebrating fishing to traditional music. The towns of Letterkenny and Buncrana boast many amenities, including restaurants, so you can enjoy a wonderful meal before heading back to your welcoming County Donegal cottage. Derry, the European City of Culture for 2013 is also close by and should definitely not be missed! For those looking for some adrenaline from their holiday, why not try your hand at some of the watersports available or you could take in the beautiful views and landscape whilst horse riding and explore the magnificent coastline from a different perspective. After your event filled day, you can return to your stylish and comfortable Carndonagh cottage; a wonderful self-catering cottage at all times of the year. Note: The property can be booked with Ref. 936116, together they sleep 8.
- One super king-size double bedroom
- Bathroom with roll-top bath, separate shower, basin & WC
- Kitchen with breakfast bar
- Sitting room & multi-fuel stove
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove & back burner for hot water
- Electric oven and hob
- Washing machine
- TV with Sky Variety Bundle, DVD
- Electricity & starter pack for stove included. Further bags of turf can be purchased at the property on an honesty box basis.
- Oil is on coin meter requiring 1 Euro coins which is optional if not using stove.
- Bed linen & towels included
- No pets
- No smoking
- Ample off road parking
- Front patio with furniture
- Shop & pub 1 mile
- The property can be booked with Ref. 936116, together they sleep 8.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
CARNDONAGH, COUNTY DONEGAL
Malin Head 12 miles; Buncrana 12 miles; Derry 22 miles.
- Derry Airport – 27.7 miles, 49 mins
- Larne ferry – 96.5 miles, 2 hrs 9 mins
- Nearest shop; Carndonagh, 1 mile
- Nearest pub; Carndonagh, 1 mile
- Nearest town; Carndonagh, 1 mile
On the doorstep:
- Malin Head - The most northerly point in Ireland, located on the Inishowen Peninsula
- Greencastle Golf Club - 18 holes of scenic bliss!
- Glenveagh National Park - Impressive National Park encompassing most of the Derryveagh Mountains
- Letterkenny – This is Donegal's largest town offering pubs, restaurants, a cathedral, a museum and festivals