- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Brendan's Cottage is a charming, detached cottage set entirely over the ground floor, 1 mile from Valentia Island's main village, Knightstown, off the coast of County Kerry. Situated only a stone's throw from the water's edge, this Valentia Island cottage makes a wonderful base for couples, friends or a family who are looking for a seaside getaway in a lovely location, with lots to see and do. The original charm and character has been lovingly preserved in this Valentia Island cottage, while providing guests with modern convenience and comfort. The warming open fire in this Valentia Island cottage makes it a cosy, romantic place to be, and there is no better feeling than relaxing after a busy day, with a glass of the local whiskey and a roaring fire - bliss! With excellent walking and cycling from the door of this Valentia Island cottage, a whole host of exciting things to do on the island, and the rest of Ireland waiting to be discovered just a little further, Brendan's Cottage makes a truly wonderful vacation rental, all year round.
- One twin bedroom with basin
- One single bedroom with basin
- Shower room with shower, basin & WC
- Fitted kitchen
- Sitting room with dining area, open fire & electric heater
- Oil central heating, electric heater & open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Starter pack for open fire included
- Fuel & power charged by meter reading.
- Bed linen & towels included
- No pets
- No smoking
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Lawned informal gardens to rear with patio and furniture
- Shop & pub in Knightstown, 1 mile
- Note: No children under 5, including infants.
Note: No children under 5, including infants.
Note: Up until 1st January 2017, this property sleeps four people with two twin bedrooms available. From 1st January 2017, the property will sleep three people with a twin and single room available.
About the location
KNIGHTSTOWN, COUNTY KERRY
Cahersiveen 15 miles; Kerry Airport 53 miles.
- Kerry Airport - 42.5 miles; 1 hr 30 mins
- Cork ferry - 110 miles; 3 hrs 2 mins
- Nearest shop; Knightstown, 1 mile
- Nearest pub; Knightstown, 1 mile
- Nearest town; Cahersiveen, 14 miles
On the doorstep:
- Fogher Sea Cliffs - Geokaun Mountain is the highest on Valentia Island, and Fogher Cliffs are at its northern face
- Glanleam House - Home to a stunning sub-tropical garden, golf club and farmers' markets
- Skelligs - Take a boat out to this island, home to wonderful bird life
- Ireland's most remote pub - Featured in the Guinness advert, enjoy a pint of the 'black stuff'
- Gap of Dunloe - A beautiful, scenic route split into sections, great for cycling, walking or driving