- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
The Humble Daisy is a beautiful thatched cottage set adjacent to the owner’s home, at the end of a rural lane, just a short stroll from the shores of Lough Derg, and six miles from Woodford in County Galway. Offering charming and homely accommodation completed to a very good stand, this quaint, detached Woodford cottage has traditional features including a neat thatched roof, visible stone walls, and an original hall and parlour dating from the18th century. There is a bright and airy atmosphere in the contemporary-styled kitchen, which has a dining area and patio doors that open onto the private rear patio, a wonderful place to enjoy a quiet cup of tea to refresh you on the morning of a Galway adventure. The parlour at this Woodford cottage is complete with a warming open fire and exposed walls, and provides an atmospheric place to unwind at the end of your busy day. Why not settle upstairs in the mezzanine sitting area and dive into in a good book, or let your gaze wander to the glorious, long-distant views? The ground floor offers two en-suite double bedrooms, with one proudly home to the owner’s grandmother’s piano, perfect for musically-minded guests. Just two minute’s stroll from this Woodford cottage, guests can glide down the lake on the owner’s rowing boat for a lazy afternoon spent fishing or simply watching the world pass by. Walking and cycling routes are available close by, and within driving distance guests will find Galway’s many golf courses, horse riding centres and watersports facilities. Spend the day in Galway City to discover Ireland’s wonderful west, a hub of culture home to many bars and restaurants and colourful festivals throughout the year. This wonderful Woodford cottage sits in a delightful location, and offers an ideal retreat.
- Kitchen with dining area
- Parlour with open fire
- One double bedroom with feature piano and en-suite bath, separate shower, basin & WC
- One double bedroom with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC
- One twin bedroom
- Shower room with shower, basin & WC
- Mezzanine sitting area
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven & hob
- Washing machine
- TV with Saorview, DVD
- Selection of books, games & DVDs
- Fuel, power & starter pack for fire included
- Bed linen & towels included
- Travel cot & highchair on request
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- No smoking
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Front lawned garden & private rear patio with furniture
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Supermarket at Portumna 11 miles
- Rowing boat and bicycles are available by private arrangement with owner.
- Property may be suitable for accompanied disabled, please contact office for more details.
- Check-in 4pm.
About the location
WOODFORD, COUNTY GALWAY
Portumna 11 miles; Loughrea 12 miles.
- Galway Airport - 40 miles; 1 hr 5 mins
- Dun Laoghaire ferry - 128 miles, 2 hrs 25 mins
- Nearest shop; 3 miles
- Nearest pub; 3 miles
- Nearest town; Portumna, 11 miles
On the doorstep:
- Lough Derg - One of the largest lakes in Ireland, and home to great water sports and fishing
- Fishing - There are great fishing opportunities on Loch Derg, as well as the nearby River Rine & Shannon Estuary.
- Portumna Castle and Gardens - Spend time visiting this semi-fortified house
- Galway City - Lively, bustling city with lots of shops, restaurants and pubs to explore
- Flaggy Shore - Of which famous poet Seamus Heaney wrote